Friday, January 26, 2024

ISN'T EVERYTHING

My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Everything

I'm probably one of the few MBV fans who doesn't like Isn't Anything. It's viewed as the legendary precursor to Loveless. Where it all began, sound wise, for this incarnation of Kevin Shield's MBV. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful gems on this record. But there are just as many duds. Overall, I just never liked it as an album. There were two EPs that preceded Isn't Anything; The standalone You Made Me Realize and the single Feed Me With Your Kiss. When I listen to "Slow" from the Realize EP I can really hear where their sound begins to change. That bent, warbly, repetitive guitar strumming. Just beautiful! Also, how is "I Believe" relegated to a b-side on the Kiss single? It's just mindblowing to me that this song wasn't included on the album. The guitar playing sounds like a keyboard. It's just such a beautiful pop/love song!

Anyway, here is my version of Isn't Anything. I used the You Made Me Realize EP and the Feed Me With Your Kiss EP/Single along with the song "Instrumental B" from the bonus 7-inch single the came out with the first 500 copies of Isn't Anything. I ended the compilation with the song "Sugar" from the non-album split single with Pacific. It was written after Isn't Anything but before Loveless. Enjoy!





















Tracklisting:
Slow
Thorn
Cigarette In Your Bed
I Believe
Emptiness Inside
Drive It All Over Me
Soft As Snow
You Never Should
Lose My Breath
Instrumental B
Feed Me With Your Kiss
Nothing Much To Lose
I Can See It (But I Can't feel It)
All I Need
(When You Wake) You're Still In A Dream
Sugar.

Taste my head and taste my heart
Oh, can't you see that I believe?



No comments:

Post a Comment