Wednesday, September 25, 2024

LIQUID SWORDS

Liquid Swords by GZA is a near perfect album. I love how Wu Tang would not only connect songs but they'd connect albums by the vaious members of the Clan with one another. Unfortunately this can sometimes not work out so well. To me, this proves to be the weak point on Liquid Swords and hinders it from perfection.

I took out the Raekwon and Ghostface fronted song "Hell's Wind Staff" because it not only didn't sound like it fit the album it sounded like something off of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... and I opted for the instrumental version of "Killah Hills". Some versions of Liquid Swords had "B.I.B.L.E." as a bonus track but I decided to not use it because it wasn't even a GZA song in the end (it was a Killah Priest song that was later released on his album).





















Tracklisting:
Liquid Swords
Dual Of The Iron Mic
Living In The World Today
Gold
Cold world
Labels
The 4th Chamber
Shadowboxin'
Killah Hills [Instrumental]
Investigative Reports [MF Edit]
Swordsman
Gotcha Back


I was always taught my do's and don'ts
For do's I did, and for don'ts, I said I won't





No comments:

Post a Comment